Saturday, February 11, 2012

Christmas Cake Pops


I am so grateful to Bakerella for creating cake pops! If you don't own her book ("Cake Pops"), you should get it.  She also has a website: http://www.bakerella.com/ and in my opinion is a creative genius!

Since receiving her book as a Christmas gift (thank you Honey!!) I've had so much fun trying to recreate some of her wonderful treats!

These are the Snowman cake pops I made at Christmas time.  My mother-in-law loves snowmen, so I thought this would be a fun treat to share with her.


I found this cute little basket that looks like a top hat at Michael's craft store and thought it would make a perfect way to display the cake pops.  I placed a piece of styrofoam in the bottom of the basket, added some green gift bag grass and stuck the cake pops in!


This was my first attempt at making a cake pop.  I wanted something super cute for our Christmas cookie/treat exchange and decided on Christmas tree cake pops.  The candy coating ended up being a little thick for my taste, but not too bad for a first try!



No comments:

Post a Comment