Saturday, February 11, 2012

Baby Shower Cake Pops

I made these cake pops for a friend's baby shower and they were a hit! I used vanilla cake and cream cheese frosting for the cake pop (my current favorite combo), dipped them in white candy melts, used edible black marker (for cookies & such) to draw on the eyes/eyelashes, melted chocolate for the hair, pink candy sprinkle hearts for the hair bow, a pink candy from those candy necklaces for the pacifier and a pink cupcake paper for the bonnet.

You could do the same with blue items for a baby boy shower and the display options are wide open too.  I place some crinkled up tissue paper in a cute lavendar basket I had lying around the house and gently laid the cake pops in the basket.  It looked like a bunch of sleeping babies... super cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment