Thursday, August 27, 2015

Life's a Beach!


For my daughter's 8th Birthday she decided to have a "Teen Beach Movie 2" party.  I knew we could have a lot of fun with a beach themed cake so I started scouring the internet for ideas.  I found a cake to recreate and put together my shopping list!
 
 
This cake was fairly easy to do and if I'd planned better & started earlier it would have turned out even cooler!  This cake was two tiers... the first tier I covered with light blue tinted marshmallow fondant.  The second tier I frosted with buttercream and lined the outside with Pepperidge Farm Pirouette cookies.  I then sprinkled brown sugar on the top of the second tier (sand), used Milk Duds as coconuts, a fondant surf board, pretzel rods for trees (with fondant leaves) and a drink umbrella just to be cute!
 
The thing I was most disappointed in was my trees.  If I had done my tree leaves a day or two in advance and let them harden some, they would have looked more natural and I wouldn't have had to prop them up with toothpicks.  But... all in all the cake turned out well.  It definitely went with our party theme and Ginger loved it!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment