Friday, November 18, 2016

Chewbacca Cake!

Happy Birthday Ginger!
 

Ok, so this post is very late... Ginger's birthday was back in July... what can I say... I've been busy! I love the variety of interests that my daughter has.... from girly things to Star Wars!  Her newest obsession (since seeing "Star Wars: The Force Awakens") is Chewy, so when I asked her what kind of a cake she wanted for her party the answer (very loudly) was "Chewbacca!!"
 
 
I searched the Internet for ideas, but I'm not artistic enough to attempt to do Chewy's face in great detail, so I really wanted something that was very "Chewbacca" without it having to be a headshot... and I found this!  I loved that it had elements of Chewy (the fur, the belt) without me having to make a "Pinterest Fail" of his face. 
 
 
This cake wasn't super difficult, but it was VERY tedious!  All those little brown "fur" triangles took forever to make & place, but I do like the result.  I found a little Chewbacca bobblehead figurine on Ebay for under $10 and decided to use that as the cake topper... then Ginger has a cute figurine for her dresser when the party is over!
 
She was thrilled with the cake and loves her Chewy figurine, so it all worked out in the end!
 


No comments:

Post a Comment