Wednesday, November 16, 2016

Golf Tournament Cake

Hi everyone.... so this is a cake that I did for a local women's golf tournament. 



I knew what I wanted to do (grass, 19th hole scene, etc..) but wasn't quite sure how to accomplish it on a large scale (the cake needed to feed 70+ people).  I ended up doing a half sheet cake for the bottom tier and just covering it with buttercream to look like grass.  Then for the top layer I scoured through my old shaped cake pans for something that just looked like an interesting enough shape for the putting green area.  I ended up using my "Dora" cake pan and think it ended up working out well!
 
I covered the Dora cake in fondant and just used buttercream around the edge for some grass accents.  For the small sand traps I used a spoon to make small indentations in the buttercream grass and then sprinkled some graham cracker crumbs in the indents.  Other than HATING how my handwriting looks on cakes, I was pleased with how it turned out. 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment